An unusual and quirky riverside arts venue offering two flexible studios for a variety of uses: rehearsals, exhibitions, small scale performances, training, corporate and private events. The Boathouse is ten minutes from Barking station and 18 minutes on the Overground from Tower Hill and Fenchurch Street.
Both studios have sprung floors and offer empty spaces that can be transformed to suit your needs. This peaceful ‘get-away-from it all’ offers great privacy for you and your guests. Quotes for catering are available on request. The adjacent Boathouse Cafe and Bar serves drinks and food Tuesday – Sunday 10.30 am – 11pm.
Make an Enquiry
If you would like to make an Enquiry, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8594 0039 | 020 3916 0019.
Used for a baby shower, venue is nice and big, great parking facilities, really value for money.. would highly recommend a viewing. Great spaces and canvas to make any event to your liking. Would definitely use again.Elena Rusenova
BOATHOUSE CREATIVE STUDIOS HIRE CHARGES
|Monday – Friday||9am-5pm||£30 per hour per studio|
|Monday – Thursday||5pm-11pm||£45 per hour per studio|
|Saturday/Sunday||9am-5pm||£45 per hour per studio|
|Friday/Saturday/Sunday||5pm-11pm||£75 per hour per studio
£100 for both studios
*Please note – When free alcohol is supplied by the host please be aware that this may be subject an additional surcharge for security depending on the nature of the event. This will be discussed at enquiry time.
A refundable deposit of £100 is payable for PRIVATE CELEBRATION EVENTS (for studios left as found, and all guests and host having left the building by the contracted finish time of the hire)
Lovely venue, its a great size with parking – I had my baby shower there with around 60-80 guess.
Was ideal for me as it was very local. The staff were very helpful and supportive, would recommend and use again.Shadene Palmer
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Studio One is 1113 sqft, Studio Two is 940 sqft. These may booked together or separately on Monday-Friday from 9am-11pm subject to availability.
- Saturday/Sunday evening bookings from 6pm-11pm include exclusive use of both studios.
- The studios offer scope for you to create your bespoke space to suit exactly what you need. Our staff will be happy to help you with this.
- Decorations may be put up. Only white tack can be used on the walls and must be removed at the end of the hire period.
- You should take into account how much time you need for set-up and clear away when you calculate the total number of hours you require.
- Any delivery of equipment (apart from hired or provided by us) must be arranged with the Boathouse team.
- Free alcohol for guests is permitted in the studios subject to risk assessment and may require additional security staff Consumption of such free alcohol is not permitted on the terrace
- Alcohol may be purchased from the Boathouse independent Cafe and Bar, but must be consumed in the bar or on the terrace.
- Live music is permitted until 10.30 pm
- A Venue Host is required to be present at all celebration events
- Hosts and their guests must be aware of any noise disturbance to local residents on leaving the building.
The Boathouse studios it’s amazing venue for any type of event , with some imagination and creativity it turned out to be the best place to have my sons first Birthday party.Realevents
Both studios will accommodate
- 100 guests (standing)
- 80 guests (theatre style)
- 50 guests (cabaret style)
- 80 guests (lecture theatre style)
The following is available at no additional charge (Standard)
- 4 x 5ft round tables (seating 8-10), 4 x 5ft rectangular tables (seating 8-10)
- 100 chairs (two styles)
- Flip chart and paper
- Table cloths
The following may be hired from us (Extra)
- White elaston chair covers (£1.50 per cover)
- Additional tables (5ft rectangular or round) £15 per table
- Table flowers by Flowershed – £15 per table
We have a small galley kitchen which may be used for setting up but is not suitable for cooking.
- Option one: Unlimited tea/coffee/biscuits @ £4.00 per head
- Option two: Unlimited tea/coffee/juice/pastries/fruit/biscuits @ £5.50 per head.
- Option One: Cold Lunch : A selection of mixed sandwiches, crisps, nuts and fruit @ £6.50 per head. (dietary needs catered for).
- Option Two: Hot Lunch: Please enquire for menu options.
Please enquire if you would like alternative catering requirements and we will do our best to accommodate these.
The boathouse is an impeccable and beautiful building space. I loved the quirkiness of the space and the natural artistic feel of the rooms. We actually saw two massive carp fish in river looking down from the boathouse windows. The customer service we received was first class. Thank you for allowing us to use your space –Seun Oshinaike Show