An unusual and quirky riverside arts venue offering two flexible studios for a variety of uses: rehearsals, exhibitions, small scale performances, training, corporate and private events. The Boathouse is ten minutes from Barking station and 18 minutes on the Overground from Tower Hill and Fenchurch Street.
Both studios have sprung floors and offer empty spaces that can be transformed to suit your needs. This peaceful 'get-away-from it all' offers great privacy for you and your guests. Quotes for catering are available on request. The adjacent Boathouse Cafe and Bar serves drinks and food Tuesday - Sunday 10.30 am - 11pm.
Our Studio hire Charges:
Monday - Friday: 9am-5pm
Monday-Friday: 5pm-11pm - £35 per hour
Saturdays 10am-11pm £40 per hour
Sundays 10am-11pm £45 per hour
Bank Holidays 10am-11pm £60 per hour
A refundable deposit of £100 is payable (for studios left as found)
An additional caretaking fee may be payable.
Please enquire admin@boathouse cic.co.uk
Tel: 020 8594 0039
T: 07412 602141
What you need to know
- Both Studio One and Studio Two are charged at the same rate. They may booked together or separately. They are empty studios offering a lot of scope for you to create your space to suit exactly what you need. Our staff will be happy to help you with this.
- Decorations may be put up. Only white tack can be used on the walls.
- Entertainment is allowed at private events- music must end at 11pm.
- You should take into account how much time you need for set-up and clear away when you calculate our charge
- You may bring your own alcohol for private events - please note that this can only be consumed in our studios, not on the terrace
- Any alcohol purchased from the Boathouse Cafe and Bar may not be taken into the studios
- We are licensed to offer you a paying bar in our studios subject to agreement
The following is available at no additional charge (Standard)
- 4 x 5ft round tables (seating 8-10), 4 x 5ft rectangular tables (seating 8-10)
- 100 chairs (two styles)
- Flip chart and paper
The following may be hired from us (Extra)
- Table cloths (£3 per table)
- White elaston chair covers (£1.50 per cover)
- Additional tables (5ft rectangular or round) £15 per table
- Table flowers by Flowershed - £15 per table
- We have a small galley kitchen which may be used for setting up but is not suitable for cooking
- You are welcome to provide your own catering
- We can organise catering for you from our approved suppliers
- We provide tea/coffee/biscuits at £2.50 per head.