An unusual and quirky riverside arts venue offering two flexible studios for a variety of uses: rehearsals, exhibitions, small scale performances, training, corporate and private events. The Boathouse is ten minutes from Barking station and 18 minutes on the Overground from Tower Hill and Fenchurch Street.
Both studios have sprung floors and offer empty spaces that can be transformed to suit your needs. This peaceful 'get-away-from it all' offers great privacy for you and your guests. Quotes for catering are available on request. The adjacent Boathouse Cafe and Bar serves drinks and food Tuesday - Sunday 10.30 am - 11pm.
BOATHOUSE CREATIVE STUDIOS HIRE CHARGES
Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm £30.00 per hour per studio
Monday - Friday: 5pm - 11pm £45.00 per hour per studio
Saturday/Sunday: 9am - 5pm £45.00 per hour per studio
Saturday/Sunday 5pm - 11pm £50.00 per hour per studio (maximum of 50 people per studio for non-party events)
Saturday/Sunday: 5pm - 11pm Private celebration events
£600.00 (Soft drinks only)
£950.00 (With free alcohol supplied by host and subject to security requirements)
A refundable deposit of £100 is payable for private events (for studios left as found, and all guests and host have left the building by the contracted finish time of the hire)
Tel: 020 8594 0039
T: 07412 602141
What you need to know
- Studio One is 1113 sqft),Studio Two is 940 sqft). These may booked together or separately on Monday-Friday from 9am-11pm subject to availability.
- Saturday/Sunday evening bookings from 5pm-11pm include exclusive use of both studios.
- The studios offer scope for you to create your space to suit exactly what you need. Our staff will be happy to help you with this.
- Decorations may be put up. Only white tack can be used on the walls.
- You should take into account how much time you need for set-up and clear away when you calculate the total number of hours you require.
- Any delivery of equipment (apart from hired or provided by us) must be arranged with the Boathouse team.
- Free alcohol for guests is permitted in the studios subject to risk assessment and may require security.
- Alcohol may be purchased from the Boathouse independent Cafe and Bar, but must be consumed in the bar or on the terrace.
Both studios will accomodate
- 100 guests (standing)
- 80 guests (theatre style)
- 50 guests (cabaret style)
- 80 guests (lecture theatre style)
The following is available at no additional charge (Standard)
- 4 x 5ft round tables (seating 8-10), 4 x 5ft rectangular tables (seating 8-10)
- 100 chairs (two styles)
- Flip chart and paper
The following may be hired from us (Extra)
- Table cloths (£3 per table)
- White elaston chair covers (£1.50 per cover)
- Additional tables (5ft rectangular or round) £15 per table
- Table flowers by Flowershed - £15 per table
- We have a small galley kitchen which may be used for setting up but is not suitable for cooking
- You are welcome to provide your own catering
- We can organise catering for you from our approved suppliers
- We provide tea/coffee/biscuits at £4.00 per head.